The Journey

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Summer Time Fun!!!

Hangin' out in the hammock with two of the kids that I babysit. I think Declan thinks it's the best job ever...and so do I. Great job when you can take your kid along and they have loads of fun.

Slip n' Slide fun with Kelton and Kaylen

What goes up...


Must come down. His cousin has an ultra cool water slide.


Camping this weekend.
Swimming today in my brothers new pool. Had a blast.
Funny Declan sayings: "I"m the ruler of...." It's amazing how much a 4 year old wants to be in control of things. I'll often hear him say "It's my ____ and I'm the ruler of it!"

His other favorite saying is "I'll only do that if..." I HATE that saying. It's hard for him to stop saying it, but he is finally getting that I am NOT O.K. with it. Now all I have to do is just give him a look and he says "Oh, sorry Mama, I didn't mean that" or "I was just kidding"

He is also fond of saying "Here is the deal..." and then he proceeds to tell you what he would like to happen.

It's all about control. I defininately understand that desire :)

1 Comments:

  • Your posts about Declan's speech and language usage, and general attitudes remind me so much of our little guy. Amazing how similar they are - guess it's partly the age and partly that they are both such high energy types.
    -D

    By Blogger Dakota, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home