The Journey

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Interview!

Well, the job interview went pretty well. Overall it was an interesting trip. I had a melt down the morning before the interview. I suddenly began to second guess myself. Should I really consider moving away from my family and the enormous support they offer with Declan. What will it be like to have Declan in daycare 5 days a week. Having a limited ability to deal with any issues that might come up (bad daycare experiences, extra child care help I might need)

Right before I went over, I found that the housing market has taken a sudden upswing. 3 months ago I found 40 houses for 100K or less, with several between 70 & 80. Suddenly there were only 10 houses in my price range. Lots of business deals that are going to cause huge growth in the region. My Dad, who has been saying "I'm excited for you guys to move to eastern Washington" suddenly says "You don't want to move."

It's so tough to be at such a serious cross road in my life and be solely responsible for the decision. Ultimately, I may not even have a choice. No job offer and no possibility of a move.

Aside from all that, I feel that the interview went well and now I just wait....

2 Comments:

  • You just have to have faith that things will work out exactly as they are meant to work out.

    Hang in there.

    By Blogger Casey, at 7:05 PM  

  • Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing what you decide.

    I'm personally a little frantic and angry right now as I just discovered that similar jobs to mine in this area may pay 10-20,000 more than mine does in this particular school where I work. I'm bitter, angry and worried (especially with upcoming family changes) to have so much demanded of me for so significantly less than I'm worth. Keep that in mind with your interviews.

    By Blogger Evenewra, at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home