The Journey

Monday, July 10, 2006

Job Update:

So, I called the districts today and I didn't even get an interview for the 10 jobs I applied for -UGH. It is nice in one respect, I didn't take it as personally as having an interview and THEN not getting the job. They obviously have a lot of candidates with EXPERIENCE and didn't even bother interviewing newbies like myself. I've also been hearing a lot of "they tend to hire people who have subbed in the district". I guess I'll be staying here and subbing next year and enjoy Declan before he starts school (my plan is to only work 3 days a week) I could still apply for jobs locally, but I think I'll just enjoy the freedom subbing offers. As well as the ability to work only THREE days a week, and send Declan to daycare only THREE days a week (I'm sure he'll love it).

I guess I've given up on my dream of owning my own house again :( However, My Dad is gearing up to further remodel my apartment which will double the square footage, and give me a REAL kitchen. Rent will be a VERY, VERY affordable amount until I get a full-time job...then it will go up, but still be VERY, VERY affordable. So, I guess I'm staying put, and I'll just enjoy watching Declan play in this nice country setting. I will be able to afford to take a yearly trip to Disneyland (OH -YEAH) and save fairly well for old age. I'll stick with it as long as it works for everyone....

Oh yeah...guess what else I did today? I've been wanting a Matrix for two years...since I'm not buying a house I figured it was time :)

M

1 Comments:

  • Wowsa! Congrats on the new car. :) Can't wait to see it up close and personal. D is getting a new car this summer, too. We thought about getting a new(er) one for me but I nixed that idea (I actually really like my car) and instead opted to have it professionally detailed. Almost like new! :)

    Sorry about the whole no interview thing but I'm just as happy to have you around for the next year. :)

    By Blogger Casey, at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home