The Journey

Friday, December 08, 2006

Does He Know?


Lying in bed last night, trying to get Declan to fall asleep:

Dec: "Mama, when are we going to go back to The Happiest Place on Earth?"


Me: "I don't know."


Dec: "What do you mean, you don't know?"


Me: "I just mean, we'll have to see."


Dec: "Let's go tomorrow!"


Me: "We're suppose to watch the Smith kids tomorrow remember; I have to work."


Dec: "What do you like more, The Happiest Place on Earth, or the Smith kids? What ever you
like more, that's what we should do!"


Me: "Do you know where I think the Happiest Place on Earth is?"


Dec: "Where?"


Me: "Right here next to you."


O.K. cheesy I know, but I meant it. It distracted him, he giggled and gave me lots of kisses.

I asked him why he was thinking about Disneyland and he said it was the Mickey Mouse ice cream bar he saw in the freezer tonight.



Cut to THIS MORNING -



Declan spies a penny on the floor and runs to it.


Dec: "Mama! Look, Money!!"


Me: "Since you found it, you can keep it."


Declan runs to me and hands me the penny.


Dec: "No Mamma. You need to save it for Disneyland."


Me: "What is with you and Disneyland lately?"


Dec: "I just want to go on that ride."


Me: "What ride?"


Dec: "Soarin Over California!"



Okay, now I'm wondering if subconciously he knows about the trip. I've been talking with my parents about it all week. Very vaugely. I never mention the "D" word. If he really knew, I'm sure he'd ask me directly, it's just weird. Can't wait to see his reaction when he figures it out tomorrow!

2 Comments:

  • Jealousy...I'm starting to feel a bit of it. You guys will have a blast. A Christmasy Disney Visit, so cool.

    By Blogger Christy, at 11:18 AM  

  • Kids are amazingly perceptive. Maybe he *does* know something without really knowing it. I, too, am completely jealous.

    By Blogger Casey, at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home