The Journey

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bedtime

After much hub-bub, Declan is finally ready for bed.

Me: "Go upstairs and go to bed, I'll be up later."

Dec: "Won't you come up now. With me?" (As he lingers on the stairway)

Me: "No. I'll be up later, it's not my bedtime yet."

Dec: "O.K." (goes upstairs)

30 seconds goes by.

Dec: "Can't you come upstairs now?"

Me: "No honey, go to sleep."

1 minute goes by

Dec: "You have one minute. O.K.?" (in a sweet voice)

I say nothing. 30 seconds goes by.

Dec: "Did you hear? You have one minute and then it's time for you to come up."

Me: "You're not in charge. Go to sleep."

Another minutes passes.

Declan: (in a very quiet voice) "You said you'd do anything for me. But you won't lay with me until I fall asleeep."

I headed upstairs. They're only young once :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home