The Journey

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chatter

Thought I'd just post some of the things Declan has said lately.

Last night we had a discussion about "rating" things. He likes to talk about who he loves 1st, 2nd etc. I tell him you can love people equally, but he likes to put them in order. I talked with him about not sharing that information because it can hurt peoples feelings. He said:

Declan; "But I do love Granny more than Poppa"

Me: "Why?"

Declan (thinking hard) "Because Poppa tries to make me eat 'White Man' food"

Me: (what the heck) "What do you mean?"

Declan: "Like...he cuts the crust off my bread in the morning. I love the crust."

FYI - the whole 'White Man' thing comes from my Dad talking about teaching Declan an 'old Indian trick' to which Declan always replies "Poppa you're not even Indian. I'm the Indian!" Declan knows his grandpa is the 'white man' while his Granny, Mama and himself have indian blood.


Today in the car on the way to work:

Declan "Did you know that the brain is your best weapon?"

(He says he learned that from Bionicles)


The following is a conversation (maybe not a conversation, as I only heard Declan chattering on and on) he just had with Theryn, one of the kids I babysit:

"The only important thing is family.

Think about food. They use their money to buy us food.

Some things are about God, and some things are about parents. They are the most important things. They are both equal, that means the same. Parents are equal to God, we both love them the same."

I love the way he defined "equal" in the middle of his rant. Maybe he is a born teacher :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home