The Journey

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"Hussle Up"

last night:

Declan: (calling from upstairs) "Mom, I've just been sitting up here waiting."

Me: "For what?"

Declan: "I'm tired. I'm ready to go to bed and read and snuggle. I'm still waiting for you, so hussle up."

Me: "What?"

Declan: (in his sweet pleading voice) "I'm tired. Hussle Up"

It is so cute (sometimes) to hear the things they pick up. I think I'll often say "Let's hussle." or "Hussle up" I've just never heard him say it before.

Also a few nights ago, he fell asleep at 6pm. SIX P.M. !!! Unheard of in my house. A couple of hours later I heard him yell from upstairs "Mama! Mama!" I go to the top of the stairs and ask if he is O.K. Declan replies "I love you" That was it, nothing else for the night.

Kids can melt your heart so easily. Speaking of hearts...just what kind of holiday is Valentines Day anyway?? For all those of you who are partnered up, enjoy the day :) For the rest of us, just another day...

1 Comments:

  • Even for some of us who are partnered up, it's just another day. :) Happy Valentines Day. It's just a day to celebrate love and well...with Declan, you have a house full of love. So celebrate! :)

    By Blogger Casey, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home