The Journey

Saturday, May 19, 2007

These are the days...


When I am so thankful to be a parent. Declan returned from his camping trip and we just had the best day ever. We hung out and didn't leave the house. He built me some very cool bionicles. Here we were playing with numbers. I bought these poker chips to use with addition and subtraction. He really likes math and will play anytime. He can also spell words; we used chalk on the sidewalk. He has been doing simple math and writing words for a year now, but I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER been able to get him to attempt to sound out a word. He just won't do it. I don't get it. He claims he can read though :)
Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. BTW, he came home today with a Shrek 3 toy from McD's and he loves it. Guess he just doesn't like ninja turtles!
His buddy Solomon arrived at about 7:30 tonight for a sleep-over so lots more fun to come.

1 Comments:

  • Awesome that you had such a good day with your boy. I miss my girls this weekend. I am probably only 30 minutes from your house right now for my weekend conference. I wish that I had time to come and see you guys!

    By Blogger Christy, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home