The Journey

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Updates

iBook
I am proud to say that the hard drive replacement went fine and I'm 400.00 richer.

Swimming Lessons
As you can see Dec has been taking lessons. I opted for the every day classes, which has actually been a lot of fun. We'll be doing it again next week.

Geocaching
We have had two people find the geocache we hid. We're going to the beach this weekend and we'll be dropping our first travel bug. We called him Prehistoric Geo Dude.


Economy
Well it has been an amazing year watching the prices of gas, groceries and other products rise at a mind boggling pace. The good news? (well for me a single mom teacher with no big pay raises in my future). The price of the houses have fallen at the same crazy rate. I know that's a bummer for your home owners who purchased in the last couple of years. Those of you four or five years out...you'll be O.K. But holy fricken COW...I can afford to buy a house!!!!! I NEVER thought that would happen in the area I live. Now unfortunately, I spent the little nest egg I had from selling our house after the big split....I still have a reasonable amount in investments I can access easily. I also looked at my 401K and realized touching that money would be a big mistake. So...I've looked at some houses and I'm excited, nervous etc.. Ultimately, I think I'm going to wait a year, work intensely on saving and pursue this then. Afterall, I'm pretty confident that housing prices haven't bottomed out yet and the mortgage situation is squeezing out more and more buyers, especially others in my housing catagory (2 bedroom, 1 bath - tiny starter home).

So...I've worked out a budget and I need to stick to it. I actually am getting a pretty big pay raise this year due to several factors that will not likely happen again for quite a while..we'll see what I can pull off :)

Summer
In the meantime, I can't believe how fast Summer is flying by. I'm just enjoying hanging out with the boy and his friends and occasionally my friends.

Declan and his best buddy from school:
Declan having some fun in his pool with his buddy Solomon:

SCHOOL
I've looked at my tentative student roster for the fall. I have FOUR Alexanders in one class. I'm hoping to work out a trade with some of the other teachers "I'll give you two Alexanders for one Jason and one Jordan." O.K. they probably don't allow that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home