The Journey

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Over one Month ???

How can it possibly be that I've gone so long without blogging.

School was out on the 17th, and I spent the rest of the week on the interview committee (we were hiring to replace my partner teacher who "resigned"). I then quickly took off and went far away and hung out at a friends house for a little over a week. I love being at their house, I don't have to feel guilty about not cleaning or organizing my house. I've completely let it go during the past 3 months.

So...my first year of teaching is behind me. I already miss the kids. It would have been a wonderful year if it wasn't for my crazy teaching partner. Guess you can't have everything. Next year I'll be working with a very cool, interesting, and non-crazy person. I've spent the better part of this year hiding out in her room avoiding my teaching partner so I feel like I know her pretty well. I've called her my "unofficial mentor" teacher this year. I'm excited to be starting fresh next year.

Declan and I went on a short vacation during Memorial Day. This wonderful little town away from everything. Cute rustic lodge with a fantastic hot tub and community room (what in the heck do you call that?) Declan loved it, they had games out on every table and each evening we'd go down and play a game and eat popcorn. They also serve the most delicious Huckleberry waffles for breakfast. We're going back next week for 3 nights. My parents camp nearby, so this allows us to spend some time "camping" with my parents but not sleeping on the floor of their RV. We looked into buying an RV, but for now, this is just cheaper.





Declan is out of town for the week and I'm starting to miss him. I'm so use to our 3 day routine that when he is gone longer, it's obvious that something is missing :(

I have lots to do regarding school, so I'm busy with work (still avoiding cleaning my house). I'm putting together a curriculum outline of this VERY big unit we do at school. They've been doing it for 20 years...and no one has really ever organized things....well, at least not in a way that is helpful to new teachers. Many, many teachers have left 6th grade due to this particular program, but I'm not going to let it scare me off! I'm just going to organize it so that it feels less crazy to me.

I'm also taking a class, I am 3 credits away from my next pay bump. It would be silly not to get the credits this summer. I also just finished 4 classes to add an endorsement to my certificate- yeah me!

Well, that's all for tonight. I suspect with Summer, I should be posting more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home