The Journey

Thursday, January 12, 2006




This is my son this a.m. "Mama, there is still mud in my sand box, can I go wade in it?" I said he could do it later because his mud boots were in the car. "Mama, can I wear these mud boots?" (he found an extra pair under the stairs) Okay but take off your pants because they're just going to get wet. "But Mama, I don't want strangers to see me in my underwear! Look, my pants can tuck into my boots." Outside he went. He then runs back inside "I need a hat. A nice warm fuzzy hat." I hand him the Santa hat because I still haven't put away my decorations. "Oooooo" (big smile from Declan).

Interesting note: the big blue mess in the background is what is left of his birthday present last year - a TWELVE foot trampoline. A couple of weeks ago we had a big wind storm and the wind picked up the trampoline (remember a TWELVE foot trampoline WITH a safety enclosure) over his little 3 foot fence and blew it across the road through our neighbors fence and it landed on its side half way up his barn. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. We had to disassemble it to get it back home, I think/hope it will be salvageable for this spring. I'm sure the safety enclosure will have to be replaced at the very least.

I'm feeling much better, and so far my son seems just fine (and the house still smells like bleach).

Mist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home