The Journey

Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Rant and Raves:

Hanes

Well they finally got their Hanes on me...and I LOVE it! Okay, this may seem like a simple pleasure, but it brings me joy daily. Since my decent into poverty, I've only bought the cheapest underwear and socks etc.. I've finally figured out that you end up spending the same money because, well, you get what you pay for and are buying more often.

I spotted the new Hanes with the "Softest waistband ever!" thought I'd spend the extra money and they're pretty darn comfy.


The Office

I've been watching this show for a while now, and I just have to say it is HILARIOUS. I rarely, and I mean rarely laugh out-loud, but this show makes me laugh out-loud EVERY week.
10% of all 8th Graders
10% seems to be about the percentage of students in every class who insist on giving their opinion on situations that DO NOT involve them. Nothing pisses me off more than to interrupt my teaching and my students' learning to listen to a student tell me I was being "unfair" in my dealings with OTHER students.
I'm going to devote the first 5 minutes of class tomorrow to discussing this very issue. GURRRR. If you can't tell I had a crappy day yesterday. It makes me feel better to know the other student teacher on my team had a rough day as well. He said he talked with/yelled at the students for 10 minutes and was so angry his face turned red. I think this IS a tough time of year, but I'm NOT going to allow some 13 year-old to engage me in a discussion on how to properly manage a class of 32 students.
I was thinking today about how I really enjoyed subbing in that 1st grade class last week....

1 Comments:

  • My students have really been a pain this week. And they usually are only a little tricky. But even the sweeter ones are testing their limits. The entire school seems to be off kilter.

    By Blogger Evenewra, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home