The Journey

Friday, May 05, 2006

"I'd be happy to go out in the hallway. It's better than being stuck in this classroom with you."

Those were the words of one BWA, this afternoon as I sent him out of the classroom. Actually the interesting thing is that at first it didn't really phase me. He said it in a fairly quiet non-confrontational voice as he left the classroom. The other students were working together and didn't hear him. But I did.

I thought about it and was pretty amazed. Call me naive, but I'm amazed that kids will talk to adults like that.

When I asked him about his remark in the hallway, he said "Well...(pause) I left the room when you asked me to."

Me: "But your remark was completely inappropriate. You should never talk to anyone like that. You absolutely should NOT talk to an adult like that."

BWA: "Well, I didn't like you hassling me."

He now has lunch detention on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home