The Journey

Friday, May 05, 2006


Today my wonderful son chided me, "Stupid Lady, Stupid Mama!"


Me: "Declan, do not EVER call me stupid!"

D: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry Mama."

I then told him he should NEVER call anyone stupid. Wondering where he picked this up, I asked "Has anyone ever called YOU stupid?"

D: "Yes!"

Me: "Well, that wasn't very nice, who called you stupid?"

D: "A boy who was my friend; he's dead now."

Me (what the heck??): "Who are you talking about, what's his name?"

D: "Well, he was this boy.... I met at a store.... his name was 'Baseball'. He's dead because he wasn't with his Mommy and a bad guy shot him. The bad guy had a stretchy arm and a stretchy neck and he shot the boy!"

Me: "Who was with you at the store?"

D: "Ummmm... Grandma. She didn't see him though, she was walking behind me. The boy saw me and called me 'Stupid'. Then the guy with a stretchy arm and leg shot him."

Guess the kid got what he deserved.

4 Comments:

  • ROFLMAO!! Your kid is just too much. Where do they get this stuff??

    By Blogger Casey, at 9:36 PM  

  • What in the HELL are you letting that kid watch?!!! Gone are the days of "Jem and the Holograms"....so sad. Paxton and Ella started saying, "shut up"....I later found out they got if from watching THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE! What's up with that?! Pretty soon Elmo will be dropping F-bombs on Sesame Street.

    By Blogger He who wears the most black wins., at 1:15 PM  

  • What the hell!

    Anyway, I got your comment on my blog and deleted it as requested, then tried to email you. It bounced. Want to try me again?

    By Blogger Evenewra, at 8:08 PM  

  • What a wild imagination! We are experiencing similarly creative happenings at our house, where we often "adventure" to Africa or the North Pole and balloons are filled with electricity that can shock us unless we disarm them. Wild! Sometimes, you just have to smile and shake your head in amazement.
    Have fun!
    -D

    By Blogger Dakota, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home