The Journey

Saturday, November 18, 2006

I'm off

I'm heading out to spend a good deal of my Saturday taking tests. I'll be taking two different tests, that are each 2 hours in length. I'm taking them to meet the "highly qualified" standard, set forth by our president in an attempt to leave no child behind. Shouldn't parent's then have to take a test too? From what I can see in my limited experience, there isn't much we can do as teachers if the parents just don't give a rats tooshy. (Lots I could say here, but that's another whole blog entry or twenty) I need to pass these tests to teach in middle school (even though I'm endorsed by the state to teach in middle school, and I have my masters degree).

Also in three more weeks, we'll be on a plane headed for Disneyland! Shhhh Declan doesn't know :)

3 Comments:

  • You are such a good mom. If you lived nearby I'm sure Madeline would sneak out of the house and try to hide in the suitcase that you'll be taking to Disney Land, just like Lee did when he was 3. (he snuck out of the house, made it 1/2 way across town,wouldn't get into the police car that wanted to take him back home...)

    Hope that the tests went well!

    By Blogger Christy, at 2:01 PM  

  • Can I hide in your suitcase??

    By Blogger nursekara, at 4:28 PM  

  • Whoa, Disneyland again? That's one lucky boy.

    Good luck testing!

    By Blogger He who wears the most black wins., at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home