The Journey

Monday, February 26, 2007

What ever happened to....

ethics, doing the right thing, being responsible. What happened to the person who told me "I'll never pay the 'minimum'." (regarding child support for Declan)

I'm in paperwork / court / "X" Hell.

All day trying to get paperwork finalized to file with the court. Emailing my X, reading her crappy rants.

Get this, in two weeks my X will receive work bonuses of about 18K - that's more than I'll make this year, even if I get a contracted teaching job in the fall. She's refusing to willingly claim any of it as income for child support purposes (Which she is suppose to by law).

Disgust.

Still a little disbelief (I'm ashamed to admit that I still expect better after 2.5 years of the same crap).


Here is an excerpt from her most recent email:

START QUOTE:
"My income is certainly different than yours. That comes from doing what it takes to get and keep well paid employment. We both know that you have the intelligence and skills to be making more than you are. Yeah, well my priorities are different now. I want a job that affords me TIME with my son.

I have been trying for weeks to devise a reasonable plan that you might accept. I don't think such a plan exists unless you would like to continue with the plan we already have by withdrawling your motion. You are asking me to cover your shortfal (My "Shortfall"???)because of your part-time (Will not believe that I work full-time!!! via FOUR different jobs!! ) work schedule by increasing my payment to you every month. It has nothing to do with meeting the needs of our son."

END QUOTE

Hi, me again. So...I don't think that I'm asking he to cover any shortfall...I'm asking her to pay what is fricken LEGALLY due me. Her salary is 18k MORE than it was 2 years ago when we did our support order. Her bonuses are 3x larger than they were!!! I assume that the reason child support increases with income increasing isn't about basic needs, it's about increasing the life style of your child as your own life style increases.

What do I do with my $$$ ? Take my kiddo to Disneyland. What does the X do with her $$? Take the new girlfriend on a two week trip to Italy. Hummmmm.

Back to my pile of paperwork.

1 Comments:

  • I think she's being very unfair......i'm so sorry you are being bullied like that. I have a feeling you will stand up for both you and Declan and get what you deserve from his other intended parent.
    Your stairs look great BTW, I'm very impressed!
    Best regards,
    rae

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home