The Journey

Friday, June 08, 2007

This Just In...

I've been on pins and needles all day. I was told I'd hear something next week, be then I received that phone call from the Principal...so I thought maybe I'd hear something today. I sent a "Thank You For The Interview" email this morning...and waited...and waited...and waited. Remember, they still had 4 more people to interview after my phone call, and what if another candidate out-shined me?

At 7pm tonight I received the following email in response to my thank you:

M, you shot the lights out in your interview! It was our pleasure. I’ll get back to you early next week, because I got buried today (220 e-mails) and didn’t get a chance to do anything about the opening.


Principal X

2 Comments:

  • YAY!!! This sounds incredibly promising!! Fingers crossed for you. :)

    By Blogger Casey, at 4:31 PM  

  • That's a VERY cool email. I was on pins and needles all day one day last week. At 7pm, I got a rejection email. A rejection EMAIL. I find that very poor form. I think a phone call is warranted in that case.

    I'm right there with you on the interview front. I'm not fully certified yet, though I've done all the work and qualify for probationary certification. With the lack of "shortage" around here, that makes me somewhat of a leper.

    Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for both of us.

    mel

    By Blogger em1__mak2, at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home