The Journey

Monday, March 10, 2008

In a Funk

Well, life at work has continued to be kind of "yucky".  I really don't know what other word to use.  Today I was in a real funk.  I had a terrific weekend, so I'm wondering if it was just being back in the mix of things at work.  The issues with one teacher has really clouded my working relationships.

For the past 12 years...any work I've done has involved my being at the helm of the ship.  It is very challenging for me to adjust to just watching things happen and being pretty powerless to do anything.  I think it just messes with my equilibrium not knowing what the eventual outcome will be regarding my co-worker.  I really need to find a way to compartmentalize the situation and just move past it...very difficult when this co-worker is your "team" teacher.

Tomorrow my mentor teacher is coming to observe me, I think I've been a little worried because of the funk I was in today...who knows it may have even contributed.  Most of the day I just wanted to go to the staff bathroom and cry.  I can't even tell you why.  

Well, I'm feeling better now.  So I hope it was some passing hormonal thing.  Hopefully tomorrow flies by.

2 Comments:

  • Hope things went well today!
    xoxo

    By Blogger Christy, at 11:19 AM  

  • Thinking of you and hoping it was a great day for you. Some day, when you have time, give me a call and bring me up to speed. I miss hearing from you.

    By Blogger Casey, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home