The Journey

Monday, March 17, 2008

quick update

So...my week was kind of a roller coaster.  Tuesday was a good day, which was nice because of the observation.  Wednesday was a downer again.  Thursday was O.K., but I found myself getting sick.  Friday was no school, but we had training all day, which was O.K. except I felt sick.  

The weekend was very low key, I think I had and still have a low grade fever.   Took a sick day today.  But really the weekend was a good break emotionally.  I feel pretty off, as I usually do when I'm sick, so that should distract me for the week.  I have benign fasiculation syndrome (unexplainable random twitches daily) and it is always worse when I have a cold/ flu.  My body almost feels like it's buzzing.  Weird, I know.

Two more weeks until spring break.  I hope my health improves and stays that way as I have a trip planned to visit a friend.  However, when I dropped Declan off on Thursday for his weekend visit, my X said she had a fever for the past two days.  I was pretty unhappy as Declan and I both had a cold at that point and a fever seemed pretty contagious.  She felt so bad that she called on Sunday and asked to return him early.  I can only hope that we have the same fever inducing bug.  I don't know how likely that is since we live 3 hours away.

Well, guess that covers it.  Declan is doing well and just the funniest kid EVER.  I really need to post stories some day.  

O.K. one quick one. His hair is getting long and crazy...sticking up everywhere.  Today I asked AGAIN, "Declan, what are we going to do about your hair, it's just sticking up everywhere"  He was adamant that he did not want it cut, his logic being "I like my hair sticking up.  I want to have crazy hair when I'm a kiddo, because I can't do that when I'm an adult, people will laugh at me."  How can I argue with that?  I did finally talk him into moulding wax so it looked more intentional.  It's driving my Mother crazy...I keep having to remind her she's the Grandma... :)

2 Comments:

  • pictures of Declan's hair please...
    I can't wait to see you guys!

    By Blogger Christy, at 7:43 AM  

  • Definitely need photos. And sometime soon let's plan a get together - without or without kid on your end. I miss chatting with you and would love to catch up.

    Feel better soon!

    By Blogger Casey, at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home