The Journey

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Open House/ Back to School Night

After a very, very long day of in-service training, I headed back to school for open house. I was SOOOO nervous last year. However, this year things have been happening soo quickly that I didn't really have time to get nervous. I was a bit nervous before it started, but then it just flew by and it was SO MUCH FUN. I just love meeting the new students and I'm actually very excited to get to know them. But, the best part was all my old students walking or running back into my classroom to say hello and give me a HUG.

That just made my day, I really have the best job in the world. Not only did it make me feel terrific, but I could see that my new students and parents were very happy to see that I had such a good relationship with my old students.

So, as it stands, I'm excited for the new year to begin. I'm also sad that I won't see my old students much.

As a note, last year and this year I had a sign up sheet if parents wanted a phone call before school started. Last year one parent signed up. This year....FOURTEEN. I'll be making a lot of phone calls on Sunday and Monday.

In the meantime, I have Declan's open house tomorrow night and then we're off to a favorite get-a-way spot for three nights - Trout Lake- for some hiking and huckleberry hunting. It seemed like a great way to cap off the summer and avoid the temptation of hanging out and working my my classroom this weekend.

Last week we had a playdate with Declan's best friend from school. I just had to take a picture. Bryce is TALL. They are so cute. Bryce is the tallest kid and Declan is the shortest. I'm sooo glad they're going to be in 1st grade together. Bryce is just a great kid and his Mom and Dad are also teachers. It's nice when your kiddo hooks up with quality friends :)

1 Comments:

  • Hey - did you get the email I sent to you yesterday? I'm not even sure if I still have the right email address - I actually had to go into the external drive and find my saved addersses from when I changed computers last December. How can it be almost a year has passed since we exchanged emails?? Wow.

    Call me about the PayBack books, ok? I have them for you so just need to arrange delivery. Thanks!

    By Blogger Casey, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home