The Journey

Friday, August 08, 2008

Short Update


It's been a nice and somewhat lazy week. Declan is in Seattle for 10 days. Anything beyond 3 days and I really begin to miss him. Things were better this week as I had my nephew around for 4 nights.

I've been working on the upstairs of our house....well me with much help from my wonderful Dad. Until now Declan and I have shared one BIG bedroom that is about 400 SQ ft. I've been wanting to put a wall up for quite sometime...my Dad finally did it for us this week. It's sooo wonderful.

Now when he has friends over they really have their own space. I won't have to constantly be stepping on Legos as I go to and from my bed.

The remodel inspired me to update my linens. I'm going with a very Pacific Northwest Lodge theme. Today my Italian Roast Portuguese flannel sheets came in the mail. They are soooo soft. I sleep on flannel year round. I'll be painting soon. In the photo you can see the door to Declan's room. I thought it would be fun to have a kid size doorway - 48". It's placed at that end of the room to allow the best air flow during the summer months.
This is a photo from our recent trip to the beach.

Declan now has specific weekly duties around the house. I'm starting with cleaning the bathroom sink. It seemed fitting as he makes a HUGE mess brushing his teeth. Hopefully this will encourage him to be more careful.

I'm off to Eastern Washington in a couple of days. One last relaxing mini-vacation at a friends house. I find it the most relaxing thing in the world to visit my friend Christy. She is really like family and we just hang out and drink coffee and let the kids play. I think there will be lots of swimming this week, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home