The Journey

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So, quite a day with my boy (pictured here with his good buddy Solomon) He was in the most fragile and defiant mood. I think he cried 6-8 times before noon. He also hit me, pushed me, and pretty much refused to do what I asked if it wasn't on his agenda. At one point I looked at him and said "who are you?" (he thought it was a cute game, but I was really thinking "where is my Declan?")

This morning in the car, before his many meltdowns, I noticed he was keeping his eyes closed. He always has problems with his eyes bothering him. I asked "are your eyes bothering you?" Declan replies "Yes". I ask "what do they feel like?" (trying to diagnose the problem: do they ictch, do they burn) He replies "They feel like Crap." I'm not sure I heard him correctly, so I ask "What?" He says again "They feel like crap" I had to giggle to myself. I've never heard him say the word crap. It's something I say all the time, it's actually my worst "swear word". I guess he picked it up.. . now that I think about it, I'm surprised it took him this long.

2 Comments:

  • LMAO! Kids.

    By Blogger Casey, at 8:23 AM  

  • Love it! Gotta like it when they even get the context right. As I recall we got a "that sucks" the other day out of our dear three-year-old. I did the same as you - asked him what he'd said so I could be sure if I'd heard him correctly. I did.
    They are such sponges!
    Good luck!
    -D

    By Blogger Dakota, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home