The Journey

Monday, March 13, 2006

Quick update, then I'm off to play with my son.

My MT was great today about the whole parent issue. She called and talked to Ms. X. She was very supportive and encouraging, she told Ms. X that she would have handled the situation just like I did. I guess Ms. X told my MT that she KNOWS what it is to be a teacher because she IS a teacher. My eyebrows went up in surprise. Apparently she worked with "home-schooled" kids (maybe even her own). Well, that's just a little different than a class of 30 - 35 kids! Anyhow, her daughter was GREAT in class today, so I don't know what happened, but I only have GWA for 3 more weeks and then I'm off to another class.

Apparently, the other team of 8th graders are having problems with some boys and tomorrow they will be sending two of them our way. I guess they have been dragging other kids into the corners at lunch time and they hit, push, and terrorize them. Can't wait to meet these kids.

I really think that if I move to a smaller community...I mean considerably smaller, that I won't see as many kids that are just out of control. Maybe I'm just kidding myself?? Either way, teaching 8th grade is NOT high on my list. It's probably still ahead of Kindergarten or 1st grade, but that's about it. 6th and 7th graders are looking very appealing.

1 Comments:

  • Ha Ha! That was too cute. I have officially sworn off shopping with all THREE of my children because I usually end up buying way too many things I didn't need!-usually out of sheer distraction. ;-)

    Can't wait to see you and get you the hell outta there and those GWA's territory!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home