The Journey

Tuesday, July 18, 2006


I received an email from a friend today wondering what I've been up to (while NOT blogging) I've been very busy with Declan gone.

Now that I've decided to stay I've been working on house projects. I've already spent over 2k on home improvements. I purchased supplies for the fence and I've been building it as fast as I can. Yesterday morning there was empty space. My brother showed up at 9:30 and dug 14 post holes and I spent the day cementing the posts into place. Today the fence went up. The white that you see is a wire mesh that will keep things from growing through the pea gravel that is being delivered on Thursday. You can see my apt/house looks like a barn, it's never actually been a barn, but actually it was a shop. August is major construction time.

Dad is going to revamp the existing stairway then we're moving on up! We'll be doubling our square footage. I've already purchased a STOVE (my hot plate and toaster oven days are almost behind me). I've also purchased a NORMAL size fridge. I can't wait to expand the kitchen. I'll even have a dishwasher when we're done!!!

So Declan will come home to a new car, new play yard and his own new car! Our neighbor's son took it out for a spin the other day. I just love Craigslists. This two seater truck was only 50.oo.

2 Comments:

  • Congrats on expanding your new house. Looks like it's going to be great! And I'm sure, if he's anything like my boy, your son will love coming home to a car of his own:)

    By Blogger twobutterfliez, at 3:45 PM  

  • WOWIE!!!! Fun fun fun!!! I'm so glad I live near you so I can see all this up close and personal. The new play space looks fabulous!!!

    By Blogger Casey, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home