The Journey

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Declan spent the weekend with the X, some interesting conversations on the way home.


Declan: "why do you do terrible things to me?"

Me: "What 'Terrible' things do I do?"

Declan "Well....you give me consequences...."

We then talk about how I try to teach him about how the world works, that's my job. In life there are consequences for our actions...

Later, while listening to PlayRadioPlay on the way home he explains music to me:

Declan: "I know how songs work. You use your imagination. You imagine the picture in you head while you listen to the music. Like I imagine that the bird is blue. That's how it works."



Me: "Wow, that's right. How did you learn that?" (I figured it must have been a topic of conversation over the weekend. But no, I guess not.)

Declan: "I just figured it out. It's easy. Songs don't have pictures like books, so that's how it works. I just figured it out."

Weird to think that he thinks about things like that..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home