The Journey

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Meet Moe-Ka-Moe -


The newest addition to our family. Our old fish - Declan is no longer with us. We went camping last week and came back to find our fish tank lid off and DeclanFish was nowhere to be found. (Moe must have had an extra special treat that weekend) DeclanBoy cried for about 10 seconds and quickly asked if we could get a new fish.

I must say that Moe-Ka-Moe is far more interesting than DeclanFish. He is multi-colored and loves to eat so I find him more entertaining. If you couldn't tell, Declan names our pets :)

On the subbing Front- had a pretty good day today. I did send one boy to the office. He was talking and refused to move to a new seat when asked. He chose to argue with me. I then sent him to the office. At the conclusion of that interaction, I had the following conversation with his buddy who was sitting next to him:

Buddy's hand goes in the air. I hesitantly walk over to his desk, knowing full well what Buddy wants to talk about.

Buddy: "You know, Subs NEVER send students out of class for that kind of behavior."

Me: "Well, I guess I'm not an 'ordinary' sub"

Buddy: "Well, that doesn't seem fair, I think it's.."

Me: (cutting buddy off, speaking with no emotion) "If you have an issue with the way I'm managing the class you are welcome to go talk to the Principal about it. I'm done discussing it."

I then walked away.

The class was WONDERFUL for the remaining 50 minutes. My motto as a teacher is DO NOT ENGAGE. The kids want to argue in circles for the entire class period, been there, done that. Not going there again, thanks.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home