The Journey

Monday, October 01, 2007

Still sick...but

I'm getting better. And the best news is that I've met a new Dr. during the course of this fiasco who has agreed to be my PCP even though he isn't taking on new patients (according to the website). I've opted not to stay with my current PCP who told me I couldn't get Pertusis due to the fact I was immunized as a child...I know Dr.'s don't know everything, but you think they'd know how long immunizations last.

So...interesting development. I went in Friday for the Pertusis test. I took a peak at my lab results from Thursday. My liver tests went from 2 previous tests of 12 and 20 to 127. The result was flagged. I asked the Dr. about it and she said not to worry that my Dr. would just follow up when I was healthy. Sounded reasonable to me.

Then on Saturday I received an email from my Thurs. Dr. (the one i really like) he said to go in ASAP for more labs re the liver tests. He ordered 7 more tests. Interesting to have such different opinions. I obviously like the guy who is being thorough when I've been sick for 3 weeks now. Somehow I think some of these Dr.'s just don't get how sick I've been.

Hopefully I'll have enough energy to get through the day tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • I guess that's why they ca;; is "practicing medicine" but man I hate it. I'm glad you have a doctor who is following through on things. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of all this and get better.

    By Blogger Casey, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home