The Journey

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Shopping with a Pre-schooler....

is how you end up with TWO right shoes of DIFFERENT sizes.

So I know all you mothers out there know how this happened :)
I'm meeting several Principals tomorrow and I decided I'd like to go shopping for a new shirt to wear. I was going to leave my son (who is almost 4) with my mother, but I decided I'd really like to spend the time with him because I won't see him for four days. I thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad since I was only looking for one shirt.

My son had been very high energy ALL day and VERY loud, so we'd had a pretty intense day. I knew I needed to make this trip short. On the way to the mall he has one banana and one roll of fruit leather. We get to the mall and all I hear is "I'm hungry", "I'm Hungry" I tell him we'll eat after we shop (how hungry can he be with a banana and fruit roll in his stomach?) We walk in the store and I notice all these clearance signs. I need shoes, so I go straight to the shoe department...Mervyns has all these shoes for 11 - 12 dollars!!! Declan is following chanting "I'm hungry, I'm hungry" I'm trying to be quick and I try on the right shoe of several styles and sizes. Now he is shouting "I need to eat NOW!" -- very cute for all the other shoppers. I quickly round up my shoes and leave them with a clerk to purchase in a few minutes. We rush to Auntie Ann's to find a snack for my boy.

So we go back, I try on a few shirts - nothing. I'm exhausted by this point and I get my shoes, purchase them and go home. Well, the guy checking me out is new, he said it was his 4th day, and didn't check to make sure I had two of the same size both LEFT and RIGHT. (which I always thought was a little weird, now I get it!) Ahhhh, I remember the days of trying on BOTH shoes and walking around the store for a few minutes to be sure you had a nice comfy pair of shoes.

I guess I'll just laugh and try to relax and enjoy the craziness that is now my life, all too soon I'll have plenty of time for shoe shopping. I look at my baby now and think "he's almost FOUR? FOUR? How did that happen!"

2 Comments:

  • But on the upside, think of that poor person out there who has two left feet and now can have a matched set. :)

    By Blogger Laura, at 11:13 AM  

  • LOL! I can totally see how it happened. :)

    Four years. Doesn't it seem like not all that long ago that the two of us, pretty darn pregnant, if you ask me, were sitting in Cafe on the Terrace getting to know each other?

    How could it be 4 years ago??

    By Blogger Casey, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home