The Journey

Friday, July 21, 2006

Construction Update:

The 10 yards of pea gravel is delivered! (The pea gravel was more expensive than the fencing materials!!!)





10 yards is A LOT of Pea Gravel. Which by the way didn't turn out to be the best pea gravel. It's 50% pea gravel and 50% crushed rock!! I've put a call in to see about getting a discount or something. Tonight I'm going to bring a sample in to compare to the sample they had available. How do you return 10 Yards of anything?



After raking and shoveling pea gravel (those are two 4 ft mounds!) My neighbors father comes to the rescue with his new toy. What a guy! I had just put a call into my brother to come help with the shoveling and raking, and I look up and see Rick in my neighbors yard with his new Kabota...can you really doubt there is a God when something like that happens?!

I also finished painting with my neighbors industrial paint sprayer- so it's very near completion!!! (Sure is handy to live next door to a construction worker! The relationship is mutually beneficial, I have watched their son since he was born...not to many neighborhood baby sitters have a masters degree :)


Casey & Marla - notice I added a gate to the design of the new fence. Now the kiddos can go retrieve the toys when they toss them over the fence :)

I'm off the the beach for 4 days (our churches annual camping trip), more when I return.

1 Comments:

  • What? But I LOVE lugging my 45lb child up and over the fence to retrieve items thrown over the fence. Now what will I do for fun? :)

    Can't wait to see it.

    By Blogger Casey, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home