The Journey

Monday, September 18, 2006

Another Day in the Subbing World

I forgot to post about my job on Friday. I subbed at a high school. The job was a breeze and the kids were amazingly good. I find that teaching "elective" classes is wonderful because the kids really want to be there.

However, I have never been to such an uptight school. I was immediately handed a list of "Rules" for subs. I'm all for clarifying things and having them nicely laid out, but the tone seemed a little unfriendly. Then I go to the staff bathroom and find the following sign on the door.


We appreciate a clean bathroom.
Please, if you make a mess clean
it up. This includes those little
pieces of paper towel and toilet paper.

I actually copied the sign word for word. Somebody on staff is REALLY uptight. I was amazed at the specific and concise wording of the sign.

Later in the day I went in and there was a bit of toilet tissue on the floor by the dispenser. I certainly wasn't going to pick it up, but I was hoping that no one was waiting when I left the bathroom, because I was sure I'd get the blame.

Today I subbed in a 1st grade class. It was VERY boring. There was a student teacher, so there was nothing for me to do. However, I couldn't read a book or do anything interesting incase she needed my help. Long day. But the staff was GREAT, including the student teacher. I also ran into someone from my masters co-hort.

I'm off for one final camping trip. Back on Thursday.

1 Comments:

  • Did they steal that sign from my bathroom?

    ;) Man, I'd love it if our little school were that uptight. That just makes for too much fun. Do you think people sneak in, rip off paper towel, wad it up and throw it in the corners at night? Ooooo.....too good.

    By Blogger He who wears the most black wins., at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home