The Journey

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Another Transcript

The Bionicle OBSESSION among other things was putting me over the edge on the way home from Kung Fu. The following conversation ensued:

Me: "Really Declan, I'm feeling pretty cranky tonight. I need you to listen to me."

Declan: "Well, you're making ME cranky too."

Me: (NOT using a sarcastic voice, but my matter of fact / I have an idea voice) "Ok, well maybe when we get home tonight I should go in the living room to watch T.V. and you should go into your bedroom and play Bionicles and we can just spend the evening without talking to each other. "

Declan: (begins laughing HYSTERICALLY) "Oh Mama, you're soooo funny."

I love him to death, but I was serious. As a single parent sometimes it would be nice to just check out for an evening...of course I lost that desire upon hearing his reaction to the whole thing :)

Also a contributing factor is that he seems to have inherited the "Talking" gene. I remember hearing my whole childhood that I talked too much. Now I get it, I REALLY get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home