The Journey

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

They like me!

I just finished up my 4th day with a 6th grade class. I talked with the Principal a bit this morning and then the secretary called and asked if I could sub for them on Thursday (in the same class). Another sub was scheduled, but they called and cancelled. It is good for the kids to have consistency. I was suppose to sub at the High School, but this is much better.

I'd love to work at this school, so I need to sub as much as possible for them. I also have a job tomorrow at the same middle school where I did my student teaching; that will be fun. It looks like I'll be getting more and more middle school jobs, which is great.

As for Jake, the interesting student, turns out he is lead guitarist for a band. I don't think many 11 year olds are in rock bands.

I picked Declan up at school today and was prepared to go right to Kung Fu. He didn't want to go. I asked him why. He said "Because I don't want to go to school or Kung Fu Mamma, I just want to spend time with you." Is he smart or what? Meaning he is already VERY good at manipulation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home