The Journey

Sunday, October 01, 2006

That didn't go so well..


I met my X, and introduced my cousin, who simply handed my X the packet and said "This is for you."


My X acted very cool and collected. She replied "Oh, I'm being served."

Weird, I guess she expected it. She must have no problem spending thousands to litigate every little thing. We are 1/2 hour down the road and she calls. Apparently she just finished reading the paperwork and is unhappy that I'm doing a change of venue. She says I can't do that.... anyway I'm sure she is taking the day off to see an attorney.

If she can make the change of venue difficult or expensive for me, she will. I was going to file the paperwork on Wednesday, but I'm taking the day off tomorrow and I'll take care of it. I can't imagine that it will make a difference if I file on Monday or Wednesday, but just in case...

Then I was pulled over for speeding. 86 in a 70. Declan was fascinated. Five minutes later Declan asks to call my X.

Me: "Why?"

Declan: "Oh, I just need to talk to her about something."

I dial and hand him the phone...knowing what might be in store, but I can't tell him "no" about calling her.

Declan: "Hi Mom, Guess What?" "Momma just got pulled over by the police. She was speeding. She didn't go to jail. He wrote her a ticket...."

My cousin and I were laughing, it was pretty funny.

And how was YOUR evening?

1 Comments:

  • Better than yours. Ugh. Sorry about the static she is going to give you and I'm really sorry about the ticket. That bites.

    By Blogger Casey, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home