The Journey

Monday, January 08, 2007

Worst Mom Ever!

So, we enjoyed having Declan's buddy over. They loved the K'nex set and the Slurpee maker (3.00 at goodwill!) Declan did have a bit of an attitude issue. He can just be so bossy with regards to his tone. I'm at the point where I DO NOT let him get away with it...so he cries and whines.

Today he was angry because I wouldn't give him a treat. He cried for 10 minutes and then proclaimed I was "The Worst Mommy Ever!" Not in an angry voice but in a sad voice, which made it more tolerable. He has been telling me "You're the Best Mommy Ever!" for a year now, so I guess the pendulum did have to swing the other way at some point.



Today I subbed in High School. This particular high school is as large as a college campus (well, a Jr. College campus) A few of the usual attitudes, and I sent 3 kids to detention. One girl went unwillingly, screaming in the hallway: "You can't piss me off. I'm carrying a baby inside me!!" She was steamed. I sure feel sorry for her baby.

So I guess all and all, I haven't had the best day. Apparently I'm the worst Mommy in the world and I terrorize pregnant teenagers ;0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home