The Journey

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Mind of a 5-year-old


D: "Did you know that some kiddos wished that they didn't have a Mommy?"
Me: "No, that seems strange."
D: "Well, not me. I wish I had TWO Moms!"
Me: (Confused) "But you do have two moms?!"
D: "Well, I don't mean Mom. I mean you. I wish I had two moms like you!"
Me: (still confused) "Why?"
D: "Well, I think your skin is soo soft and I just like your style."
.
Sometimes they just say the cutest things! I don't know where he picked up the phrase "I like your style." Pretty funny, I don't really know what he is referring to by my "style" but I have to admit I'm flattered :)
.
Another conversation that occurred when I told Dec about my new job. Which by the way, I'm still kind of in shock about it. Honestly...the job is soooo perfect -location, grade, and subject. I never would have believed I'd land a job that quickly either.
,
Me: "So, it's pretty cool about my new job. I am really blessed."
D: "Well, I don't think God is blessing you. I think he is blessing ME."
Me: "Really why is that?"
D: "Well...(thinking) because now you'll have more money and you can buy me stuff."
.
(umm this is the kid who has a play yard with a wooden play structure, trampoline and a newly added climbing dome...then there were the TWO trips to Disneyland in '06. Yeah, he REALLY needs more "stuff")
.
I then take a few moments (O.K. Minutes) to explain that he has SOOO much more than many kids do. Too much in fact. Also, I point out that if it weren't for his Granny and Poppa we would have much less. Lastly, I explain that I must be more responsible with my money and start saving for retirement as I've put that on the back burner for 5 years now. (I have a A LOT of catching up to do!)
.
Happy 4th!!!
P.S. Sometimes I CANNOT get this blog to add spaces between paragraphs, that is why you see the strange periods randomly!

1 Comments:

  • Such a smart one! He is a thinker!

    Happy fourth. We are having a blast in Idaho. We'll party it up with sparklers later this evening. :)

    By Blogger Christy, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home