The Journey

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What?

We've been working a lot on Declan's tone or voice. He gets angry and talks to me in a very unacceptable voice. I call it his "I'm in charge" voice. And he IS NOT in charge of anyone or anything at this point in his life. I tell him it's a voice that he can only use when he is a Daddy.

Today he started to speak to me with that tone in his voice. I stopped him.

Me: "Excuse me?!"

Declan: "O.K. Mom, I know you think I was yelling, but it was an accent."

What the...how does he even know what an accent is? If I'm facing this kind of an argument at 5, I'm really, really nervous about what lies ahead (which is why I REALLY want to get on top of this voice thing now).

Doesn't he look so innocent :)




2 Comments:

  • What? No more updates? I miss hearing all about what is happening with the two of you. Are you getting ready for the school year? I cna't believe it is right around the corner - wow!

    Hope you two are well.

    By Blogger Casey, at 11:06 AM  

  • you are getting to be as bad as me about posting! :) xoxo

    By Blogger Christy, at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home