The Journey

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Super Mario Bros.


My son and I enjoy video games, especially Super Mario Bros. In fact, after he first discovered Mario he made a cute request.


Dec "Mom, lets put a picture of Mario on our door. Then people will know how much we love Mario."


It was no surprise that when shopping at Target recently he saw the 4 DVD collection of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" and begged to get it. I said we'd have to wait...I'm always buying things like that for 1/2 price used.


A week later I saw it at my local game store for less than 1/2 price and snatched it up. Declan was thrilled. I popped in the first disc and watched the first preview for "The Electric Company" and then started cleaning, barely listening to the audio, and this is what followed:


Some Preview on the DVD " blah, blah blah....Condoms.....8 condoms


Me: (thinking to myself) Did I just hear the word condom...what the heck.


Dec: "Mom, what's a condom?"


Me: casually "I don't know" I don't loose a beat and continue cleaning.


When Declan wasn't home, I reviewed the preview to find out what the heck was going on. It was for some show called "Undeclared" The full line was "Want to have sex? Do you have a condom? I have 8 condoms."


So, I pulled the first disc and let him watch the other 3 (no previews) I just called the company that manufactures the DVD, the woman was shocked and is looking into it...they'll call me back.
Other than that...life has been very busy. I worked 3 days last week, two were attending a training session for my science curriculum. Today I'm headed out to buy a fish tank for my classroom and then I'll spend the day putting on the finishing touches. It's basically ready to go, but I'm also going to work on curriculum for the first week, which is all fun team building activities..and one math test :)



2 Comments:

  • I am glad that you called the company! So strange! Glad to see you blogging again. :)

    By Blogger Christy, at 11:08 PM  

  • Wow! What a shocker on the DVD. That's just all kinds of WRONG.

    Hey, let me know what kind of team building activities you have planned? I have to keep a small group of 4th and 5th graders busy for several days starting this Wednesday and I'm running out of ideas to fill the whole day.

    mel

    By Blogger em1__mak2, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home