The Journey

Friday, October 19, 2007

Can't Sleep

figured it would be a good time to update.

It's nice to be back at school. I'm pretty much caught up. Have I said lately how much I love my job? The last two weeks has flown by. We're home at 4 and in bed at 7. I have not been sleeping well, so I go to bed early since I never know when and for how long I'll be up in the middle of the night.

I'm still not healthy. Sickest I've been as an adult. Although the formal test was negative (and not very accurate) I'm pretty sure, as is my Dr. that I have Pertussis. I went to check in with my Dr. a week ago. Mainly because I'm still wheezing every night. I'm still coughing...but not much can be done about that. I was/am having rib pain for about 10 days now. He believed I sprained my ribs. Took X-rays, pneumonia is still there. Since I'm feeling better he was on the fence about more antibiotics. I opted for the wait and see approach. 3 antibiotics in two months seems a bit much.

One week later, I'm STILL wheezing. I also feel like I haven't been able to cough and clear my lungs very well due to the pain in my ribs. Earlier tonight I was trying to decide if I was going to go to urgency care this weekend or try to get in early next week. THEN I was laying in bed and had a coughing spell and felt/heard a "snap" in my ribs. Intense burning pain!!! Now I can barely walk, or get out of a chair. This is INSANE. I've been sleeping only on my right side for almost two weeks and right now I can hardly do that. Guess I'll go in tomorrow.

I'm also thinking I need to just break down and hire someone to clean my house. I've just done the minimum for 2 months now and I can't take it anymore. Obviously I'm in no shape to do any cleaning.

Did I already mention that you should all get your DTaP booster? Yeah, take care of that.

I'm off to cruise the Internet in hopes of finding a cleaning service that works on the weekend.

1 Comments:

  • Good idea! Hire someone to help you catch up. To give you a bit of relief in the storm! I am so sorry that you are still feeling crappy. That is awful. I am glad that you are managing to enjoy your job though. xoxo

    By Blogger Christy, at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home