The Journey

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Jon and Kate plus 8

This TLC show is Declan's FAVORITE program. Today on the way to school we talked about it.

D: Can we watch Jon and Kate plus 8 tonight?

Me: It's not on. Why do you like that show so much. I find it kind of stressful to watch. Life with those 8 kids seems pretty crazy. And don't you think the Mom yells at the Dad alot?

D: Well, you know...it's stressful having 8 kids.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of the show. It seems seriously stressful. They have one set of twins who are 6, and they have sextuplets who are 3. I think one kid is crying all the time...and the Mom is often yelling. I'm not sure why Declan loves it soooo much.


As for an update about the fire drill. Everything was fine. I knew it wouldn't be an issue...just bad timing. The V.P. said our leaving was totally O.K., but they have to figure that out.

I also had my first evaluation yesterday, it went very, very well (in spite of my nerves). I was also told by two different students that I was the best teacher they EVER had. Have I mentioned that I love my job?

3 Comments:

  • I never doubted that you would be a stellar teacher! Glad things are going so well for you. Are you back to feeling healthy??

    By Blogger Christy, at 6:56 PM  

  • Excellent news on the evaluation!

    D and I watch J&K+8 - it's like a train wreck and makes us realize how easy we have it. We both think Kate is a bit on the crazy side and she could sure use some coaching on being nicer to Jon. What surprises me is that she must not see anythign wrong with the way she yells at him because not only does she see herself in the clips but she continues talking to him that way during the interview sections of the show.

    I'm sure she has a lot of stress with 8 kids but WOW! She needs to back down a bit. And ya know, I have to think their life is much, much easier because of the $$ they must be making from the show. :)

    By Blogger Casey, at 6:17 PM  

  • I'm so with you, she is soooo mean to her husband - yells, puts him down, talks to him like he is a child actually I wouldn't talk to a child like that!
    They obviously do a lot right, the kids are very loving to each other but that one issue makes me cross!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home