The Journey

Monday, November 05, 2007

The Weekend

I guess this will be a multi-topic update..

My illness
I caught a cold and of course it went right to my chest. Coughing, wheezing, cackling and such. I cancelled the beach trip so that I could minimize the recovery time. That turned out to be a good thing as Declan vomited in the middle of the night on Friday. He was fine the rest of the weekend, but glad I didn't have to deal with that in a hotel room.


Declans School
I was watching our Disneyland video recently (stay with me, it's related) and Declan said, don't watch that Mom, it makes me want to go back. Disneyland is the funnest thing in the world! Well,,, I guess it's the SECOND funnest thing, school is the funnest. :0



Teacher conference went pretty well. It is interesting because his teacher said he was a bit "immature" which really surprised me, I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe Dec, but immature has never been one. It seems to me he has often been a half a step ahead of his peers from walking and talking to his interests and arguments. He gets along better with older kids. So I asked his teacher in what ways is he immature (she had already said he was on the academically advanced side) she replied, "well he loses things a lot." I had to laugh...umm that's a genetic thing and he certainly doesn't have good modeling from me in that department. She also said he looses interest quickly...also guilty in that department.

I've always processed things very quickly and I'm ready to move on far faster than the rest of the class. That's why during grad school I sat with my laptop and wrote papers and blogged.

So, from my perspective, school is going great. Declan is finally reading. He has a ton of friends and he loves it.

Surprise from my X

We're trying to finish up the new child support order now that I have a new job. I was surprised to also receive a new Parenting Plan last week. I was REALLY surprised when I saw the changes to it. The ONLY changes were:

I would drive an extra two hours a month for weekend visits
She would get an extra 2 days of vacation a year
and, drum roll please...
She proposes we add her girlfriends name to our parenting plan. As in, if my X dies, her girlfriend would get 30 days visitation per year. (yes, this is the woman she cheated with..)

I'm curious...what is she smoking??!!

1 Comments:

  • Baaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

    Ouch - my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

    SERIOUSLY??? SERIOUSLY???

    Could that really happen??

    By Blogger Casey, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home