The Journey

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Weekend.

So, things didn't change much regarding Declan over the weekend. Yesterday started off with a long crying session. Within the first 20 minutes he started crying because someone had taken his picture the night before at a birthday party??? Delayed trauma don't you think?! I couldn't believe he was so upset the next morning. He gets so upset/angry at the littlest things. I was just happy that I could hug and kiss him and comfort him and that it had nothing to do with me. (sooo tired of him getting mad at ME).

His Grandma and Grandpa watched him while I went to school on Saturday. They finally had the chance to deal with the crazy kid I've been dealing with. Apparently at naptime his grandpa started talking to him about 'spankings with a belt.' That confused him a bit. (My dad would never actually spank him). But, my Dad keeps saying comments like "You need to teach him who is boss", "You'd better do something about his attitude". Mom had been telling me this week that I'm just not being very patient with him, and my tone is "short". I'm like.. no kidding, how long can I keep having the same issues and arguments without getting angry and sounding like it - at some point (I am only human).

Anyway whether they meant to or not, my parents have been making me feel like it's me more than Declan. After this weekend I think they understand more clearly that he's going through a rough phase. After watching him on Saturday they didn't even contact me on Sunday, which is really, really odd, until I stopped by around 5pm. I think they needed a break from the kid. They also told me that his daycare teacher told Dad (when he picked him up one day last week) that Declan had been "challenging" lately. That also made me feel better because they LOVE him at his daycare and have never said a bad word about him.

Ah, but Monday is here and I'm off to school and Declan is off to daycare! (which means I have a break and time to recharge and that pretty much guarantees me a GREAT evening with my son).

1 Comments:

  • Those types of phases are just so draining. I'm glad you'll get the time to recharge. Brendan went through one of those types of phases over the xmas vacation and while he improved a little by the end (whether it had anything to do with me cracking down on his thoroughly obnoxious and horrible behavior I don't know) I still wasn't sad to be back to work.

    Hugs to you!!!

    By Blogger Laura, at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home