The Journey

Thursday, February 02, 2006





I Thought it was time for an update on my boy. The first two photos are of Declan working with his "Poppa". He loves to follow his grandpa around and help him with his various projects. Dad has been amazing with Declan. He is so involved in ways he never was when I was a kid. He'll cook for him, play games, read, and even give him bathes. Dad was of the era when the men worked and the women took care of the kids. He has really changed over the years, it's so strange to see him cleaning the bathroom and doing dishes! What a great example for my son :) Thankfully, Dad has also developed A LOT of patience over the years - no so when I was young. It has been really great to see Declan develop such a close relationship with my parents, especially my Dad since he doesn't have one.

The next photo is of Declan playing an ABC game I bought him for Christmas. He has taken to the letter thing soo well. He knows the whole alphabet, and the sounds that letters make. In the car we play a game I made up called "The first letter is...". I say "The first letter in the word ___ is...." He almost always gets it right. He actually read the word cat tonight without any prompting. I said how did you know that word was "Cat" Declan replied "because I read it before. " Watching them learn is sooo amazing.

The last photo is his new favorite place to watch t.v. He now has the whole Leap Frog DVD library. Those movies are just the BEST! He loves to watch them over and over and he learns SO much. In the photo he is watching Math Circus.

Lastly, those of you looking for a great game for your preschooler, should try Balloon Lagoon by Cranium. I found a used one at the Goodwill, it is just the coolest game. Your kids will play for hours. And I love playing it with him, which is more than I can say about Candyland or Chutes and Ladders!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home