The Journey

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pluto!



Since my son was a baby I would tell him "I love you to the moon and down again and around the world and back again." He has heard this many, many, many times. We've recently been reading a book called "Edward Fudwupper Fibbed Big" which includes a character who is a pig from Pluto. This has led to several conversations regarding planets and our solar system. The other day when I told him how much I loved him, he said "Mama, I love you to the moon and down again and around the world and back again, and all the way to Pluto". Amazing. I decided we would have a little code word and once a day I say "Pluto!". He knows it means I love him tons. He always smiles, laughs and says "Pluto!" back to me.

Yesterday when I dropped him off with his other Mom, he really had a hard time. He wanted me to hold him and he just wasn't ready for me to leave so I sat at a table with him and my X while he acclimated. Finally he was ready for me to leave. I walked away after a kiss and a hug. He calls out "Mom! Mom!" I turn and he says "Pluto!" My X looked very confused, but I smiled and Declan smiled. What a sweet boy!

3 Comments:

  • I can leave messages now without setting up an account. Great.

    What a cute story about Declan saying "pluto" as you walked away. That is a cute idea. I wanted to remind you to write it down so you'll remember it when he is older but I guess that is what this blog is about.

    :)
    Christy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • That is unbelievably sweet :)
    -D

    By Blogger Dakota, at 12:43 PM  

  • Happen to visit ur blog by chance,
    it is very moving! Nice pictures of ur son.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home