The Journey

Monday, January 30, 2006

Subbed today. It was my first time with 6th grade. What a great age. They are starting to get a little rough around the edges, but they still listen to authority. I only had to send one kid to the office today. He was harrassing another student, saying he was Gay. Middle schoolers use that word WAY too often. I have NO tolerance for harrassment, intimidation or bullying. It gave me a good opportunity to talk about it with the students. That will definately be a mission of mine once I get a full-time position - to get the school and teachers on board with ZERO tolerance for that crap...it's even a state law, but too often the teachers let it slide. It really makes me angry to see these kids tare each other apart.

On a lighter note: The teacher I subbed for was the mother of a guy I went to high school with. I tried to find my prom picture before school today. I figured the kids would get a kick out of the photo of me and their teachers son - knowing I had that connection with their teacher. I remember hanging out at their house when I was a senior, I was so amazed, they were just the most progressive parents. Wow, sometimes I feel old... That was so long ago.

Okay so my spell check isn't working, please ignore my spelling :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home