The Journey

Tuesday, February 07, 2006




So, as you can see, we went in for pictures today. Declan will be 4 in 2.5 months, but I had a Picture People membership that was about to expire...and I love getting photos (well, not as much as Casey).

My son is just the sweetest kid. Today we were talking about my student teaching, which will begin next week. I told him I was a little nervous because a teacher from my school is going to come and watch me teach. I said I was worried that he wouldn't think I was a good teacher. Declan says "don't worry Mom, if he says you're not a good teacher tell him to wait because when I grow up, I'm going to be your assistant. You can count on me Mom!" I said "Thanks Declan, you're such a good son, thank you for telling me I can count on you." He was very pleased that I was so pleased with his thoughtfulness and replied "Yes, you can always count on me, Mom. If you're watching Scooby-Doo and the monsters scare you, you can count on me. And if your teacher says you're not a good teacher, tell him it's O.K. because you were last time." (I wonder if that would work?)

That whole "count on me" thing was sooo cute and a little funny. I'm thinking "where did he hear that? Do I say that?"

2 Comments:

  • GREAT pictures!!!!! Declan is such a sweetie.

    By Blogger Casey, at 9:16 PM  

  • Those pictures are gorgeous!!!!!! And what a sweetheart Declan is.

    By Blogger Laura, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home