The Journey

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I thought since we're in the middle of Easter weekend I'd share another great Declan story;

Last Sunday, his Sunday school teacher pulled me aside when I picked him up. As she was quietly laughing, she told me about their story time that day. She was teaching about Jesus dying on the cross and about how God then raised him from the dead. Declan said "But teacher God and Jesus are the same person."

The teacher a bit stunned, replied "You're right Declan, they are."

"Then how did God raise himself?" asked Declan

That's my boy: questions, questions, question. So much like his Mom. I was impressed that he had remembered our conversation over a month ago when I explained that God and Jesus were really the same person.

Then it got me to thinking. How do I know, why do I believe that they are the same person.? That is one of those religious concepts I've never really read about, and I'm just repeating what I was told...I need to do some reading.

May everyone feel God's presence and grace in their lives this weekend (and their personal journey through life).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home