The Journey

Monday, April 10, 2006

Back to the Grind.

Today was a very fun day...good way to come back from Spring Break. I'm a little surprised though. I knew my supervisor was going to observe me today, and I went to school having NO IDEA what I would be teaching at 12:45. My MT, decided to pass me on early to my new MT, where I am now teaching Math. After a quick meeting with my new MT, I found I would be teaching about simple interest, and reviewing percents. The lessons went very well, and I actually had fun. Interesting conversation with my Supervisor. The first time he evaluated me, he complimented me on my classroom management. He noted that my style was to keep pretty firm control of my class. The next time he talked about my style, he indicated that perhaps I was a little too firm with the kids. Today he commented that perhaps I need to keep a tighter control over the talking in my class. It's sooo weird, I really don't think my style changes that much day to day.

Perhaps I was a bit easier on the kids today. It was a strange day, my 5th period kids were completely respectful and engaged and quiet. They are normally a VERY loud, noisy unfocused class. My 6th period class, who is normally very focused and on task was very squirrelly today. I was mostly confused by the class dynamics. I wondered if it had to do with their abilities in Math vs. Science. I also gave them a little extra slack as it was their first day back. So I suppose I was less of a task master today.



Cute Declan story - while we were at the beach I was explaining the tides to him and that they were caused by the gravitational pull of the moon because it squeezed the earth and caused the water to move. He said "OHHH the Moon hugs the Earth." How cute is that?

1 Comments:

  • I loved the science Lesson! I will have to defer to you in my future homeschooling endeavors!! Science and math......ick.

    Thanks for the Sunday six too! Those are awesome!

    By Blogger He who wears the most black wins., at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home