The Journey

Wednesday, April 19, 2006




Kids can be sooo competitive.


This morning Declan is playing video games (GOLF) with his friends. They are so bad to each other; "I'm winning", "I'm the best." "Na na na na na na". So I told Declan that it was important to only be encouraging to your friends when you play a game together. I said you need to say things like "great job", "Wow, you're doing better." So he walks over to his friend and says "You're doing much better" (in a very sweet encouraging voice) then says, in the same voice "But you'll never be better than me."


It's so weird, one minute they are encouraging each other and the next they are bragging about their own abilities. I guess I'll just keep working on that skill and be thankful that they don't say "You're horrible" "You suck". I realize that they are focusing on good accomplishments whether their own or their friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home