The Journey

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I know...crazy

TWO blog entries in one day!

Pretty interesting day, so I thought I'd share.

I returned to my classroom today to find that the Heli-Mom was the ONLY parent to ask for a phone call before classes start. Wow, interesting since she was in our classroom twice and spoke to the Principal. I'm actually kind of curious about what she would still want to talk about.

My son's open house was also interesting. He'll be attending morning daycare at one elementary school and then he'll be bused to his school for Kindergarten in the afternoon. I first visited his daycare school and checked my messages while driving to Kindergarten only to get an interesting message from the Principal. Apparently they have more kids than they thought and so they added one more class. My son has been placed into this new class which will actually meet at one of the other elementary schools. Interesting. So, they are taking a class of Kindergartners from one school and busing then to another. They also offered to bus him to his original school for a bus ride home. Hummm, that would mean ending class 20 minutes early, which is actually alot when you're talking about a 3 hour day. The upside is that he will be in a classroom where the ratio is 16:1. AMAZING for public school. We'll see how it all turns out. As a new employee, I don't feel like I have much say in the matter. Actually, I'm really not sure how I even feel about it anyway. Tomorrow is our orientation so I'll get to visit with his teacher then, although I'd bet she doesn't have alot of answers for my questions.

I received my newest class roster today. 32 kids in science. 32! 6 who are special ed. Hummmm. I guess I'll get extra pay for the extra kids, but honestly I'd prefer less students. I think things won't be set in stone until the end of the first week, so I guess I'll just go with the flow. And those of you who know me IRL know that "going with the flow" isn't my strong suit :0

3 Comments:

  • Wow. That's a lot of bus riding for a kid. Maybe the new school situation will make it all worth it but it seems so weird to send him to a completely different school than planned.

    We went to open house tonight. Interesting. Not in a good way either. I'm just not sure how I feel about this school stuff. Stay tuned to my blog sometime tomorrow for an update.

    WHY did they have to grow up so fast? This is getting more and more complicated... *sigh*

    By Blogger Casey, at 9:33 PM  

  • Well, he'll actually only ride once a day. I'll drop him off at one school and he'll bus to his Kindergarten school. I should be able to pick him up at school each day, and if not I have a friend who works there that has offered to bring him to me. In some ways it's great because his new school is only a couple of blocks away. Very handy if I have to pick him up and go back to my classroom :)

    But yes, a lot of busing for the other kids.

    By Blogger One Boys Mom, at 9:39 PM  

  • Wow. It would make me really happy having him so close by. One more year before Madeline starts Kindergarten. I better hurry up and have another baby so that I won't get empty nest syndrome. I have to keep up the one every five year pattern until Emma can give me grandchildren to take care of. ;)

    By Blogger Christy, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home