The Journey

Thursday, January 19, 2006

"Mom, your baby's awake."


I thought I'd share how my morning starts everyday. I usually get up before Declan and when he wakes up he calls me from the other room by saying "Mom, your baby's awake". It is the cutest thing in the world. For a while when he was resisting going to sleep at night he would call out to me from the bedroom "Mama, you left your baby up here." It was very cute, sweet, and hard to resist. Of course, he would lure me back in for more snuggles.

As I said we live in VERY cramped quarters. I came up with this great idea of building him a toddler bed right into the wall. I mounted it on 2 sides and suspended it from the ceiling. I thought it was pretty cool and so did Declan. My queen size bed is right below. About 6 months later it occurred to me that a much better use of space would be to raise MY bed 5 feet into the air and put his toddler bed and toys down below. Now he actually does have his own room beneath my bed. I think that's pretty cool, but he sometimes asks to have my bed on the floor and his up high.

Okay the point of this was the cute thing he did this A.M. He woke to find me still in bed (yes, he still co-sleeps if he wants) He woke me up and then said "Mom, you can still sleep if you're tired O.K. ?" He snuggled me, and I was happy. A few seconds went by. He began to count: "1, 2, 3, 4. Time to get up now!" Kids have a very interesting concept of time.

Good night Bloggers.

1 Comments:

  • Hi! I discovered your blog from a comment you left on my site. :) What a creative use of space for you and your little guy! I love it! :) And he sounds just adorable..:)

    By Blogger Katrina, at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home